Alongside updates to MacOS Monterey, iOS and iPadOS, Apple have today released tvOS 15.3 to Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K users. Whilst this update is a pretty uneventful affair focused on improvements to performance and stability its worth noting a few welcome additions.
Apple TV app
- Search now features a 'Free for Everyone' tab with free episodes available to view from Apple TV+, Peacock, AMC+, EPIX, Showtime, STARZ, Cinemax, CuriosityStream, Pantaya, Tastemade, Topic, Filmrise, Pluto TV and Tubi.
- Apple also released details of the security updates within tvOS 15.3 which can be found here.
To update your Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K box manually follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Scroll down and select System.
3. Scroll down and select Software Updates.
4. Select Update Software to and choose Download and Install when prompted.
- Today's update for HomePod doesn't note any specific updates to Home Theatre the update does include performance and stability improvements which will be especially welcomed by owners of the now discontinued original HomePod when connected to Apple TV 4K.
- Siri voice recognition support has been added for up to six users in a home in English (India) and Italian (Italy).
To update your HomePod or HomePod mini manually follow these steps:
1. Open the Home app on iOS, iPadOS or macOS
2. Select the home icon in the upper left corner.
3. Scroll down and select Software Update.
4. Select Update next to your HomePod or HomePod mini which will prompt a download and install of the latest software.
*Please note that its important that your Apple TV HD, Apple TV 4K, HomePod or HomePod mini remains powered on during the update process.