Alongside updates to MacOS Monterey, iOS and iPadOS, Apple have today released tvOS 15.2 - the last update expected for Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD this year.
Whilst point updates are normally pretty uneventful affairs focused on under-the-hood performance improvements this update is pretty noteworthy with a new Store tab within the Apple TV app, the addition of Photo Memories, support for Apple Music Voice Plan, additional Siri languages, new Ariel screen savers and the usual performance and stability improvements. Lets take a look.
Apple TV app
- The Store tab is a new all-in-one destination to browse, buy, and rent the world's best movies and TV shows.
- A new way to view your Memories on the big screen with a new interactive interface, new animation and transition styles, and multiple image collages.
- Apple Music subscribers will hear songs that combine expert recommendations with your music tastes, and what's in your photos and videos.
Apple Music Voice Plan
- The Apple Music Voice Plan is a new subscription tier that gives you access to all songs, playlists, and stations in Apple Music using Siri.
- Now includes language support for Dutch and French in Belgium, Russian in Russia, and French, German, and Italian in Switzerland.
- Let Siri help you find shows, music, and more. To enable Siri, go to Settings > General > Siri. Then press the Siri button on your remote to see some examples of what you can ask.
- Enjoy stunning views of Iceland and Scotland.
- Location details can be found by pressing the clickpad or tapping the Touch surface on your Siri Remote. To see the next location, swipe on the clickpad or Touch surface.
- New Aerials can be downloaded more often. Go to Settings > General > Screen Saver to choose your settings.
Whilst today's update for HomePod doesn't include any specific updates to Home Theatre the update does include performance and stability improvements, so be sure to update your HomePod's for a reliable connection with Apple TV 4K.
Apple also released details of the security updates within tvOS 15.2 which can be found here.