The Shantae series of games originally debuted on Nintendo’s Game Boy Color way back in 2002. Set in the fictional world of Sequin Land, the franchise has seen Shantae – a half-genie heroine – serve as the guardian of Scuttle Town.
Shantae and the Seven Sirens will be the second outing for Shantae on Apple platforms following 2011’s Shantae: Risky’s Revenge.
Apple Arcade subscribers will be able to play Shantae and the Seven Sirens on Apple TV, iPhone, iPad and Mac when the service launches later this year.
WayForward revealed new information about the Apple Arcade title earlier today:
Formerly referred to as Shantae 5, ‘Shantae and the Seven Sirens’ sends the belly-dancing, hair-whipping, half-genie hero to a tropical island where Shantae and her friends encounter other Half-Genie allies, but they soon learn there’s trouble in paradise.
As Shantae gets caught up in the island’s sinister secrets, she’ll use all-new dance abilities and instant-transformation Fusion Magic to explore the nonlinear, interconnected world where she’ll visit multiple towns, overcome treacherous labyrinths, and battle dastardly bosses. The game also features a new collectible card system that grants players the freedom to augment Shantae’s powers to suit their own style of play.
- Explore an interconnected world using new Fusion Magic creature transformations, including a newt and other aquatic forms!
- 4K-resolution hand-painted visuals (on 4K devices only)!
- All-new characters and returning favorites like Rottytops, Sky, Bolo, and the nefarious Risky Boots!
- Collect and power up with monster cards!
- Enjoy minigames, acquire magic and items, and uncover secrets!
- Gorgeously animated TV-style cutscenes!