At ScreenTimes, your privacy is important to us. We take your privacy seriously and only ask you to provide the personal information necessary to provide the services we offer. Also, we store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it and aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you regarding the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
Information We Collect
We collect a limited selection of information about you provided we have a reason to do so, including connection with providing the Services, communicating with you, or improving the Services.
We collect information if and when you provide information to us and information we collect automatically.
Information You Provide to Us
We only collect the following information which includes:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, which is stored for seven days only, referring site, the date and time of access, and operating system.
- We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (for example, page views) along with information about your device (for example, mobile screen size). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of ScreenTimes
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third-Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you and those that help us understand and enhance our Services including:
- We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information to comply with a statutory obligation.
- For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
- This may include your personal information.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of ScreenTimes, third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may share aggregate statistics about the use of our Services with prospective sponsors of our Services.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly. For example, if you submit a question or other information for inclusion in a future article and do not request anonymity, that information could be disclosed.
We work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.
ScreenTimes is a worldwide service. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to United Kingdom, the U.S., and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our services.